Thursday, February 18, 2010

More corrections

I'm told in regards to Piping Plovers that they are in fact a native species. The denial of this status by Hatteras locals may have something to do with the fact that they have begun breeding here in response to destruction of their traditional breeding ground in New England. So, they've always been around the Outer Banks, just more now than previously.

Also, my spelling has been called into question. Apparently Audubon is different than Autobahn. One being a society named after a naturalist, the second a highway. I'm gonna blame that one on the spell checker.


It looks like this debate is drawing to a close soon anyway. I'll try to report the outcome. And I will also be trying to move on to less regional issues.

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment